Saturday, February 16, 2013

Top Ten posts from the last year

Hey there,

It's almost spring cleaning time, and even though it's already the middle of February, I still feel like 2013 just got started. And after getting back from a one-week trip to Mexico (which I still need to finish uploading photos and videos from and top the mini-blog series off), which is the first time I really got to disconnect in a significant way from tech and social media, I've been in a somewhat reflective mood.

Reflective of life, the universe, everything (bonus points if you got the reference!!), and part of that has been trying to be more thoughtful about using the information I have at hand to inform the work I do.  I like data, and particularly with social media, want to better about using it to do more thoughtful work.

And at some point, it made me wonder with my own blog, what my most read posts have been. No, this doesn't mean that I'm going to stop writing about what I'm inspired to blog about. But at the same time, I want to make sure I learn what I can from what you all find more interesting and engaging than some of the other content I might share.

That being said, here are my top ten read posts from the past year (which is about when I began to endeavor blogging a bit more consistently).
  1. The Les Miserables Movie as Arts Advocacy
  2. What's hate got to do with it: Last week's FRC Shooting
  3. Being in a Greek chorus (I particularly love this one, because I'm in one again, in a production of Xanadu here in DC)
  4. Comparing 10 DC theatres on Twitter
  5. 15 minutes of fame & Trisha Paytas
  6. Ingress: Creating fields within fields (although this is actually dated; this no longer happens)
  7. "Success: It's not always what you see"
  8. 10 links and 10,000 tweets
  9. Why to only friend people you know on Facebook
  10. 10 things to know about the Niantic Project
So that's that. Just thought I'd share, in case there were any posts some of you might've been interested in, but hadn't seen yet.

But that just about seems to cover most of what I write about generally: the arts, social media, LGBT issues, and geeky things every now and then.

Now I'm wondering if I should do a post highlighting my least read posts...

- JR

No comments: