So this blog is kinda meta. This is about my 6,000th tweet.
This one here:
6,000 tweets and counting, a blog post highlighting some appearances of #6000tweets in the news. awayoflife0.blogspot.com/2012/05/6000-t…
— JR Russ (@AWayofLife0) May 25, 2012
Not saying it's a big deal, but curiosity and google got the best of me, so I here are 6 links that have something to do with 6,000 tweets.
- 6.24.09 - Microsoft, Outlook Is Broken, Says 6,000 Tweets (And Growing). Fix It.
- 10.25.10 - Drew Brees Names His Baby 6,000 Tweets Later
- 5.5.11 - Bin Laden news reinforces Twitter's strength, limitations
"So what holds that record? What great news event could be so important as to put the decade's biggest story in the shadows? Answer: New Year's Eve in Japan, which clocked in at more than 6,000 tweets per second."
- 10.19.11 - The World's 10 Most Tweeted Moments
"So what makes a moment worth tweeting about? The most tweeted moment in recent memory occurred earlier this month, when Apple Chairman and cultural icon Steve Jobs passed away. The site experienced traffic of more than 6,000 tweets per second, causing many users to notice system delays and slowness."
- 1.25.12 - How Twitter helped the White House
"By 5 p.m., #40dollars was trending worldwide, Schulman said, and the hashtag was generating about 6,000 tweets per hour."
- 5.25.12 - #6000tweets and counting (this is where it gets meta)
Anyway, that's it. Anyone else notice significant milestones in the Twittersphere, whether it's this or another?
Also, hope everyone has a happy, safe holiday weekend,