Monday, May 21, 2012

5 selections on NAACP's endorsement of same-sex marriage

Hey,

So checking my Facebook feed, there were multiple friends and others I subscribe to who had posted about the NAACP, specifically their recent endorsement of same-sex marriage.

As a person of color (my father's black, my mom is Filipino) and a member of the LGBT community, this is obviously an issue that is of relevance to me. That being said, I wanted to pay it forward, and share these pieces from the past several days which showed up on my wall:

Again, just wanted to share, and curious to see how this will continue to play out. What makes me hopeful is that more and more communities are coming together over what they have in common, and working together. Seems like a win-win situation, when we realize that what affects some of us, in the end affects us all.

Please share any thoughts, as well as other articles from the past several days, worth checking out,

JR

1 comment:

Bea said...

Church in Italy continues to underline that families must be composed by a man and a woman, otherwise they destroy the basis of the society, undermine the value of the familes, and so on.
I am a woman happily married to a man, and I hope that EVERYBODY can be happy too. I don't feel the fundations of my marriage shaked because there are gay couples...that would be very stupid. But that's what is still professed, and it's very sad.
Religion should profess love and respect for everyone, not hate for different beliefs or way of life.
Beatrice