So checking my Facebook feed, there were multiple friends and others I subscribe to who had posted about the NAACP, specifically their recent endorsement of same-sex marriage.
As a person of color (my father's black, my mom is Filipino) and a member of the LGBT community, this is obviously an issue that is of relevance to me. That being said, I wanted to pay it forward, and share these pieces from the past several days which showed up on my wall:
- NAACP Endorses Gay Marriage, Huffington Post Politics
- NAACP President Hopes Group's Support for Marriage Equality "Will Be a Game-Changer", Metro Weekly (DC)
- NAACP Supports Same-Sex Marriage As Civil Right, NPR
- NAACP president chokes up over support for marriage equality, The Raw Story
- Obama leads on marriage equality, the NAACP and others follow, Post Partisan
Again, just wanted to share, and curious to see how this will continue to play out. What makes me hopeful is that more and more communities are coming together over what they have in common, and working together. Seems like a win-win situation, when we realize that what affects some of us, in the end affects us all.
Please share any thoughts, as well as other articles from the past several days, worth checking out,