Saturday, May 12, 2012

Seven Social Sources Saturday

Hey,

Just a blog which might become a regular thing. Skimmed through sources I've shared on Social Media over the past week (in terms of the content but also the means of sharing), and picked seven I wanted to highlight.  Most of them are recent, but sometimes you come across neat tidbit in someone's archive, for the first time.

That's why I included dates in the listings below. Just short and sweet, but wanted to do this for those that might've missed the original post.  These are articles I thought best to continue to push through the noise.

And I made it a point to include seven pieces all from different sources. While I certainly have my own preferences, I wanted to try to minimize in what I'm sharing here. And in terms of what is addressed, while most of the following are tips and hints, one is health related, another gives some historical perspective, but as long as it has something to do with social media, that's all that matters to me.

3 Unforgettable Reasons Arts & Cultural Organizations Need Pinterest, from NetWitsThinkTank.com, 5/9/12

4 Ways Your Business Can Avoid Being a Menace on Twitter, from Mashable, 5/7/12

5 Tools to Help Battle Social Media Content Overload, from HubSpot Blog, 1/4/12

9 Tips for Handling a Crisis on Twitter, from PR News, 4/30/12

12 Habits of Successful Social Media Pros, from Ragan, 5/10/12

Find out if you're addicted to Twitter or Facebook, from TweetSmarter, 5/8/12

The Timeline of Facebook backlashes, from BuzzFeed, 5/7/12

Let me know what you think, whether the above is new information or common knowledge for you, whether something was particularly more helpful or insightful than another, as well as if there are any other particular topics or tools that strike your fancy that I can help you keep an eye out for :-)

JR

No comments: