Sunday, October 14, 2012

10 links and 10,000 tweets

Hey there,

So the last time I blogged about a Twitter milestone was when I hit 6,000 tweets. That was back on May 25, 2012.

4,000 tweets (aka 4 months & 18 days later), here we are. That's about 170 days, which averages about 24 tweets a day, or 1 tweet an hour. And I think that's enough for perspective.

Obviously, this isn't constant, there are days where I rarely tweet, and then there are days where I'm at a live event or participating in a twitter chat. Regardless, here we are...5 digit tweet land. So I thought I'd share some relevant pieces, found via Google, of course.

The first was 10 things I learned from 10,000 tweets, a blog post at Hyder Media.
Hyder Media is foun­ded and run by inter­net mar­ke­ting and SEO con­sul­tant Kenny Hyder. Kenny has been hel­ping busi­nes­ses with their online and SEO stra­te­gies since 2004.
My favorite point is the one he ends with "Twitter has no value". He goes on to clarify that Twitter has no value in and of itself, but rather the value is in the relationships built and in the conversations had.  And I definitely recommend checking out the rest of the list.

The next result was Map of 10,000 Tweets Shows New York City at Work, at Mashable from this past January.
What does where we tweet say about how we live and work? That’s one of the questions Oakland-based programmer Eric Fischer hoped to answer with his latest mapping project.
This one's pretty neat, and I'd just have to say check out the piece by Joann Pan.

The third link in the results was Twitter: 10,000 tweets per second near end of Super Bowl, also from this past year.
How active was social network Twitter during Super Bowl XLVI? The company revealed during the final three minutes of the game between the New York Giants and New England Patriots, an average of 10,000 tweets were sent every second.
I'm not personally a sports fan, but this was definitely fascinating.

The fourth result which popped up was actually a tweet from this past week:
So there's that. Congrats to Mike and looking forward to seeing what his work brings to the Twitter table!!

The fifth piece which popped up was from a fellow blogger, blogging about her own 10,000 tweet milestone, 10,000 Tweets and Counting.
On Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 5:08 p.m., I logged my 10,000th Tweet. I'm not a compulsive-tell-you-my-every-move kind of Twitterer. I'm an entrepreneur who tweets to promote my company, services, and my clients.
It's a lovely post.

The next relevant result was actually the seventh. The sixth was about Twitter, but 10,000 words. So link seven was an Infographic of 10,000 tweets, from another fellow blogger.
Not only have I been blogging for 8 years today. I reached another milestone just now. Since November 2007 I have tweeted 10,000 times and to celebrate this occasion I have produced this little infographic of my Twitter history.
Might have to do an infographic myself.

On to relevant link number seven, The 10,000th Tweet Contest, which was exactly what it sounds like.
I just celebrated my 3rd birthday on Twitter [they actually send you a Tweet saying Happy TweetDay to let you know]. In that time, I have penned 9,969 Tweets. I should hit 10,000 about Monday or Tuesday.
And now for something completely different, the next result was a YouTube video.


The next link was a post on What is the ROI for 10,000 Tweets on Twitter?
If you are involved in SEO, Social Media Marketing or any form of Internet (or traditional) Marketing whatsoever, you are probably always trying to calculate the Return on Investment for your efforts and expenses.
And so we come up on the final one. The tenth result was actually another piece about the super bowl thing, so I decided to skip that one and share this, What Does 10,000 Tweets Mean.
I’m not sure how this ranks in terms of an “accomplishment” but I recently posted my 10,000th tweet on Twitter.
A very relevant post, asking a question I've pondered myself, as I write this.  And here it is:



What does 10,000 tweets mean to you? Have you gotten there? Are you close? What's next?

Please share any thoughts, especially if you've done a blog post yourself about this,

- JR

No comments: