Friday, December 21, 2012

Town is no longer accepting Foursquare

Hey there,

So this post is a bit belated but, yeah.  Town Danceboutique is no longer accepting Foursquare. I first noticed this a couple of weekends ago, but didn't really think anything of it until I went back for a SpeakeasyDC event earlier this month.


Now this might be old news for some of you, but if it's not, and if you don't even know what I'm talking about, Town used to give free admission to people who checked in on Foursquare before 11pm, and showed box office staff their phone.

I actually talked to a friend who didn't know about the change in policy, and we were talking about going to Town and getting there early specifically because of this, and now that they're not accepting it anymore he actually said he wasn't sure how motivated he'd be to go there anymore, not just early, but period.


But as with any business, this was obviously a carefully deliberated decision, profit and loss and all that.

Still curious to see how they have been and will deal with any negative feedback to this choice. I definitely can think to a handful of times where I've been in line myself right before 11pm and could see those in front and behind me checking their phones and checking in to Foursquare, hoping to make good on the deal.

Personally, I know it won't affect my own attendance at Town, as it really is circumstantial when I end up there. But I'd like to hear from anyone who does or doesn't care about this bit of news. Will this affect when you go to Town? Will you still go but just later? Will you not go because of this?

Curious mind wants to know,

JR

No comments: