Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Ben Carson on bullets, bodies, and bereavement

So first a friend on Facebook shared this Gawker piece, which quoted Ben Carson as saying this during a Fox and Friends interview, on whether or not he'd visit the families of victims from the recent mass shooting in Oregon:
Probably not. I mean, I would probably have so many things on my agenda that I would go to the next one.
...

What?

And then Facebook suggested checking out this Rolling Stone article, which quoted Ben Carson's view on gun control, which he shared on Facebook:
There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking, but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away.
...

I think I just heard two nails in the coffin of his campaign. Yes, a rather dark metaphor considering the topic.

But I'd be surprised if he makes it much further, at this point.

No comments: