Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"Bondage" #ThroughGlass

Hey there,

First off, this might not be what you think!!  I do want to thank +Pinky Swear Productions for being part of a WONDERFUL Production.

And it's the first time I got to check out exactly how I would use Google Glass as a performer in a show.  That show was Bondage, and here's what had happened.

I documented the last night before the first show.




I used it to take viewers on a trip entering the space.



I introduced my partner in crime, French Maid Boy, in 140 characters or less.

Here's a video of Jon Jon, gettin' his hair ready



And here is a peak into the "Peep Show" room.

Here I am getting into costume.


After a wonderful week 1, I shared the beginning of week 2 of performances.



And then before we knew it, week 3.



And then the next to last show!!




I decided to record part of a conversation about a guy who kicked my cage.




And on the final night, for fun, thought we'd show what happened to audience members who took photos or videos of the "Observation Session".




And after our last Parlour trick, some final thoughts from +Jon Jon Johnson



Definitely resorted to more vlogging via G+ towards the end. But still, got a chance to play with Glass as a means to share the process and some of the behind the scenes stuff.

Again, very grateful to the Pinky Swear Productions family, and curious to see what you think, especially other theatre professionals, bloggers, those who walk in both worlds, and folks who just enjoy seeing theatre in general. So leave a comment,

JR

No comments: