Tuesday, July 02, 2013

I found my dance home at Nation

Hey there,

Just wanted to share something I posted on my Facebook, regarding Nation (the DC night club):
So as I'm sharing this I'm actually starting to get a little emotional. For those that don't know, I didn't find my dancing feet as an adult in the studio, but found my dance home underneath strobe lights to house music, and other EDM subgenres. 
In fact when I took a break from college/university, dancing at Nation on a weekly basis is not only what kept me looking forward to the next week, but what made me realize how much I needed dance in my life, not even on a performing level in concert form, just as a person that was part of a community. 
Anyway, RIP, Nation. Thanks to all the wonderful memories. And very grateful to all the wonderful people I've met, kept in touch with, and have even been reconnecting with now that we're all grown up, with jobs, families, and other responsibilities :-D
This was inspired after a friend posted a link to a Flickr  album of photos from the venue's demolition, which are beautiful!!

Here's just one of 'em:

Wrecked

I recommend going to the album to see the rest!!

Anyway, did anyone else find their dancing feet and/or family at Nation? Please share your story in the comments below!!

- JR

No comments: