Saturday, June 22, 2013

My first burn: Freeform Arts Festival

Hey there,

So I went to my first burn related event last weekend, Freeform Festival. The best way to understand what the festival was like, would be to check out the Event Guide. And if you're not familiar with burns and burners, it refers to and is related to Burning Man, to varying degrees.

What I thought was really cool, were the principles set out in the guide, a foundation of expectations for this event:
  • Volunteer Based Community
  • Accountability
  • Inclusion and Expression
  • Gifting and Zero Commerce
  • Self Reliance
  • Leave NO Trace
More details in the guide.

Here's a vlog from the day I got back:


As you can tell, I was almost speechless. It was just an amazing experience.

Just a good time with good people.



If you're interested and on Facebook, I highly recommend that you "Like" Freeform's Facebook page:




More posts to come, as I process different aspects of my first burn, so keep an eye out for them.

In the meantime, already looking forward to my next burn, which might be the big one!!

JR

No comments: